LEI Engineering & Surveying is truly an industry leader when it comes to Forest Engineering and Forest Operations. Our experience in this area is second to none; spanning over 30 years, four continents, and every major forested region in the western United States and Canada. Our highly experienced staff is well versed in all modern logging systems and forest operations procedures. LEI also has an extensive library of historic logging equipment specifications dating back to the early 1950’s, meaning we effectively analyze nearly any logging operation in use today.
LEI Engineering & Surveying is well known for its experience and skill at generated integrated logging systems and transportation plans (LSTP). A well-developed LSTP by experience Forest Engineers is the foundation upon which effective forest operations are deployed. LEI Engineering & Surveying has developed logging plans covering literally millions of acres of forest lands throughout the world. At LEI Engineering & Surveying, we deploy a unique combination of the latest remote sensing data, photogrammetric techniques, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and experience to develop LSTPs that are operationally sound while addressing relevant environmental impact mitigation measures.
Low Volume Road Engineering
- Road planning and reconnaissance
- Road p-line traversing and site surveying using the latest in laser survey equipment, with electronic download directly to mapping and design software
- Low volume and forest road design using Softree RoadEng
- Complex stream crossing design
- Fish passage design to meet regulatory requirements
- Construction cost estimates, engineer's estimates
- Construction staking
- Construction supervision and administration
Unit and Road Layout
- Integrated logging unit and road reconnaissance
- Identification of environmental issues and mitigation measures
- Skyline payload analysis
- Marking and fagging of cutting unit boundaries and road locations
- Unit boundary and road location traversing
- Unit and road mapping to mainstream mapping and GIS platforms
- Forest practice compliance
Logging Systems and Transportation Planning
LEI has been developing integrated logging systems and transportation plans (LSTPs) for more than 30 years, covering millions of acres of forest lands throughout the world. Our experience in this area is second to none. At LEI, we deploy a unique combination of the latest remote sensing data, photogrammetric techniques, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and experience to develop LSTPs that are operationally sound while addressing relevant environmental impact mitigation measures.