LEI Engineering and Surveying of Oregon is an accomplished professional full-service consulting engineering firm. Our headquarters are located in Salem, Oregon. We offer employment opportunities to experienced personnel who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent pay scale with benefit package to full time employees.
LEI Engineering & Surveying of Oregon (LEI) is seeking for immediate hire a full-time Civil Engineering Design/Drafter for our Salem, Oregon office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious person with a minimum 2 years of experience in civil engineering design and drafting.
LEI is a leading engineering and land surveying firm with a rich history in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, spanning more than 30 years. This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious and talented team of professional in a positive and flexible work environment.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in performing CAD drafting in a civil engineering environment
- AS in Civil Engineering Technology or Drafting, or a BS in Civil Engineering
- Highly proficient with AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D
- Field surveying experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
- Ability to work proficiently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail an ability to produce quality work products
- Good communication skills
- Experience in civil site design, roadway design, utility design, partitions and subdivisions, and other drafting support for land surveying and civil engineering projects
Work closely and collaboratively with Engineering and Land Surveying project managers to develop engineering and land surveying plans and drawings. Typical responsibilities will include:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D tasks including setting up sheets, importing survey points, generating contours and profiles, creating horizontal/vertical alignments, completing site/corridor models, performing volume calculations, and develop project graphics for technical reports
- Performing street and utility design per county/city standards and conditions of approval, maintaining good communication with the planning/engineering staff of the jurisdiction to minimize future changes and misunderstandings
- Draft partition and subdivision plan development
- Assist Land Survey project managers with research and development of preliminary planning documents
- Interaction with clients and oversight agency personnel
Compensation and Work Environment:
LEI offers a highly an attractive and competitive compensation package in an exceptional work environment that includes;
Competitive base pay with 6-month (first year only) and 1-year reviews, with opportunity for pay increase
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Above industry standard health insurance coverage
- Retirement plan with company matching contributions
- A hiring bonus to be determined during the job offer
- Flexible work schedule
LEI Engineering & Surveying of Oregon is seeking a Survey Crew Chief/Civil Engineering Technician for Civil Engineering and Land Surveying project work throughout western Oregon, primarily the central Willamette Valley.
Job duties could be quite variable and include both field and office tasks, but will likely consist primarily of field tasks. Tasks could include:
- Property corner location and marking,
- Boundary surveys
- Topographic surveys
- Surveys for partitions and subdivisions
- Import of field data into CAD platform and perform preliminary drafting of surveyed features
- Redline drafting
This position often requires interaction with clients on site and therefore good communications skills are a must.
The candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associate Degree in Civil Technology or similar, together with 3+ years experience. Degree requirement may be waived with 4+ years additional relative experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficient with robotic total stations, especially Trimble hardware.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good note-taking skills and hand-writing.
- Ability to travel, as required, to remote job sites with occasional overnight stay.
Job Type: Full-time
LEI Engineering and Surveying of Oregon promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or genetic information.