LEI Engineering & Surveying is seeking a Survey Crew Chief/Civil Engineering Technician for Civil Engineering and Land Surveying project work throughout western Oregon, primarily the central Willamette Valley.
Job duties could be quite variable and include both field and office tasks, but will likely consist primarily of field tasks. Tasks could include:
- Property corner location and marking,
- Boundary surveys
- Topographic surveys
- Surveys for partitions and subdivisions
- Import of field data into CAD platform and perform preliminary drafting of surveyed features
- Redline drafting
This position often requires interaction with clients on site and therefore good communications skills are a must.
The candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associate Degree in Civil Technology or similar, together with 3+ years experience. Degree requirement may be waived with 4+ years additional relative experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficient with robotic total stations, especially Trimble hardware.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good note-taking skills and hand-writing.
- Ability to travel, as required, to remote job sites with occasional overnight stay.
Job Type: Full-time